Wednesday, January 12, 2011

From Bear to Phoenix - yo

It's been a long time since the last post, I know. Part of that was due to a 7-week holiday with my family around Europe (Germany was great), and part is due to still working on From Bear to Phoenix and not being ready to release yet.

I can say that the game now has a Shapeshifter, who can swap between Human and Bear forms; that she can attack Greater Undead Ladybugs, though they can't yet attack back; and that it has menus.

I can also say that I'm using Pygame, which I've found easy to learn and use (easier than Tkinter, which I used for Ighalsk), as well as YAML which again is much easier than writing my own code to read in data files, and Nose to run unit tests. Oh, and I am reusing Ighalsk, though more the design than the actual code itself (I think only one module has made it across in the entirety).

More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment